Timberland Partners is an award-winning real estate investment, management and development firm. We own and manage 61 apartment communities totaling over 13,000 units in 12 states. Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Maintenance Technicianat our Latigo 27 location.
This apartment community has 240 units and is located in Ocala, FL. The ideal candidate is dedicated, enthusiastic, and a creative individual that can multi-task, and adapt well to a fast-paced, high volume environment.
Some of the Benefits of being a team member at Timberland Partners are:
- Stability – Since 1992 Timberland Partners has developed a reputation for the successful identification, acquisition, and management of properties that continue to provide a solid financial foundation. We are committed to hard work, dedication, and teamwork to successfully execute our business strategy.
- Career Growth – We invest in our employees! One of our core values is to provide each employee the opportunity to excel. That means you have access to on-going training, career development programs, and an environment designed to help you grow professionally.
- Compensation – As a member of the Timberland Partners team you can count on a competitive compensation package. Along with an excellent salary and rent discounts, we offer a benefits package to full-time team members including Medical, Dental, Life, Disability, and Paid Time Off.
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for all general maintenance of the apartment community.
Major responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Completes work orders and other community maintenance
- Ensures the complete resolution of all assigned work orders
- Adheres to the highest level of customer service and quality standards
- Strives to make the community appearance at or above quality standards at all times, including picking up trash, cleaning buildings and amenities on an ongoing basis
- Throughout the day, looks for needed maintenance and liability hazards and reports them to Manager
- Prepares vacant apartments for move in
- Reviews the make-ready board and follows through on direction from the manager to determine action to be taken on vacant apartments
- Makes all repairs and replacements necessary for the apartment to be occupied
- Required to work odd schedules and be on call
- Adheres to all safety policies and procedures
- Attends community events as needed
- Will be exposed to a constant activity that requires intermittent standing, bending, crouching, twisting, pushing/pulling, lifting/moving/carrying (light and heavy loads, 0lbs – 50lbs+), climbing stairs and ladders and walking on rooftops. Requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate small power tools and other equipment. Must be able to use and wear required safety equipment.
- 1+ years of general maintenance experience
- EPA universal license for HVAC
- Knowledge of Fair Housing regulations
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair HVAC equipment, plumbing systems, electrical systems, all major appliances
- High school diploma or equivalent strongly preferred, college-level/trade school preferred
- Basic computer proficiency preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer / Drug-Free Work Place. No relocation is available. Employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Technician: 3 years