COME JOIN A WINNING TEAM!
JOB DESCRIPTION FOR MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
SUPERVISION AND DIRECTION:
The Maintenance Supervisor will receive general supervision from the Property Manager and/or the Regional Manager. Such communication shall not be limited or hindered in any way by any employee. The Maintenance Supervisor shall comply with all established policies and operational procedures. The Maintenance Supervisor shall show no favoritism towards any resident or employee of the property in the provision of resident services or employment policies/work assignments and shall not fraternize with, in any way, any resident of the property either during or after business hours. An essential function of the Maintenance Supervisor is the ability to properly and effectively interact with other individuals on all levels.
Education: High school education plus further training/education in the maintenance related field or equivalent is required. Must be able to read and comprehend written instructions/directions, blueprints, wiring and plumbing diagrams, etc. Must be able to perform simple to complex maintenance-related mathematical calculations, understand and follow oral instructions/directions, and must have a thorough and complete understanding of tools, equipment and procedures used in the Maintenance Department. Must possess a working knowledge of computer operations. Must possess the required HVAC certifications.
Experience: Must have a basic working knowledge of related maintenance tasks and a working knowledge and an understanding of tools, equipment, repair procedures, and preventive maintenance procedures applicable to the total property. Must be compatible with a wide range of people and have past or potential ability to ascertain the skill level of the Maintenance and Janitorial employees to provide for effective assignment of duties. Must possess the ability to determine the parts necessary for the completion of Service Requests (Work Orders). Must be able to display and maintain good safety work habits. Must display good work organization skills.
Physical: General apartment unit/property environment – inside and outside. Regular exposure to changes in temperature and exposure to disagreeable elements (dirt, dust, chemicals, etc.). Very close eye work and acute color perception necessary. Ability to hear normal to soft tones, distinguish smells, and distinguish temperature by touch and proximity. May operate hand and power maintenance tools on occasion. Constant, sitting, walking, climbing and reaching. Regular lifting and carrying of up to 80 pounds and, with assistance, up to 200 pounds.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for implementing and maintaining the total Service Request/Maintenance Program for the property. This responsibility includes maintaining a suitable inventory of parts and materials; contacting and negotiating with vendors and sub-contractors; preparing purchase requests for parts and materials; inputting data into the computer system and generating/submitting reports from the system; providing input into the performance of Janitorial/Maintenance employees which may include preparing performance reviews; calculating and approving time records; and maintaining the documentation system for the Maintenance Program.
1. Reviews each Work Order and assigns to the appropriate employee for completion assuring the employee has all parts and equipment necessary for the completion of the Work Order.
2. Reviews the returned Work Order Completion Report to assure all assigned work was completed satisfactorily and timely.
3. Assures that any charges to the Resident are properly recorded and applied to the Resident’s account.
4. Establishes and maintains an inventory of parts, materials and supplies determining which items will be stocked and the appropriate amounts and which items will be purchased on an “as needed” basis.
5. Purchases parts, materials and supplies by finding vendors and negotiating prices and, where appropriate, negotiating delivery.
6. Issues parts, materials and supplies to maintenance personnel recording such distributions for work order costing, charges to residents and for inventory maintenance.
7. Performs inspections of completed work order assignments to assure work is performed properly and safely.
8. Maintains a current library of data such as operating manuals, parts manuals, equipment records, building fixtures, blueprints, supplies on hand and specific contracts.
9. Contacts appropriate contractors for sub-contracted work meeting with contractors to determine their capabilities, costs and schedule negotiating the most appropriate contract for the specific work to be performed.
10. Monitors and inspects the work performed by contractors to assure the work is of the desired quality and is performed within the agreed upon time schedule.
11. Certifies the work performed by contractors is properly completed prior to payment being issued to contractors.
12. Constantly reviews the Maintenance Program and provides suggestions for improvement to the Property Manager.
13. Coordinates with the Property Manager, Maintenance Employees, and Contractors in the continual efforts to contain the vacancy turnaround time period to a minimum by determining the parts, materials and supplies necessary for the preparation of the apartment for occupancy and regularly inspects the vacancies to monitor progress.
14. Performs other duties as assigned by the Property Manager, Regional Manager or the Management Company Office as the duties become necessary or appropriate.
This Job Description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The Management Company reserves the right to change job descriptions, job duties, or working schedules where appropriate and reasonable to accommodate individuals with qualified disabilities. This Job Description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
It is the policy of the Management Company that all Maintenance Supervisors adhere to the EQUAL OPPORTUNITY REQUIRMENTS.
I have reviewed the Maintenance Supervisor Job Description and certify that I am capable of meeting the requirements and fulfilling the duties contained in the Job Description.