$Excellent Plus Comprehensive Benefits Package, including Medical & Dental Insurance, Retirement Savings, Paid Vacation & Holidays
Our client is an affordable housing provider with nearly 30 years of experience in the sector. Matching the needs of residents and the aesthetics of communities; they provide, manage and develop cost-effective housing solutions. That means everyone can afford a safe, secure place to live.
As part of exciting growth plans, they are seeking a Community Service Supervisor / Service Manager to support the maintenance of their apartment community in Orlando.
If you are an organized maintenance professional with CAMT designation, this is a great opportunity to progress your career with a company that invests in their employees.
Our client offers a dynamic and professional environment where you will be supported to build on your existing knowledge, challenge yourself, and realize your full potential.
You will have the chance to increase your leadership skills and play a key role in providing a community where residents feel safe, happy and connected
As the Community Service Supervisor / Service Manager, you will perform a range specialist and general maintenance activities and repairs at our client's apartment community in Orlando.
In this varied role, you will:
- Oversee, train and develop a team of Maintenance Technicians and Assistants
- Carry our preventive maintenance tasks
- Help to prepare units for new residents
- Establish emergency maintenance rosters and daily work schedules
- Assist the Community Manager with the annual budget
To be considered, you will need:
- At least three years' maintenance experience
- Knowledge of a range of skilled trades, including elements of construction/installation, use, repairs, and maintenance
- An HVAC and/or Freon Recovery Certification
- A full, Valid Driver's License
- A High School or GED, ideally some college of Trade School
Reliable and self motivated, as the Community Service Supervisor, you must have strong attention to details and excellent interpersonal skills. A costumer-focused and hands-on approach are also key.
Ideally, you'll have CPO (Certified Pool Operator) and EPA universal Certificates, but this isn't essential.