Come Join A Winning Team Where You Have A Voice And Impact!
The Community Manager is fully accountable for all day to day property operations, overseeing and enhancing the value of the property. Community Manager must embrace the concepts of Level 5 Leadership, Group Responsibility and Servant Leadership.
Reports to: District/Regional Manager
Supervises: Supervises entire on-site staff (i.e., Assistant Community Manager/ Bookkeeper, Leasing Coordinator, Leasing Consultant(s), Community Service Supervisor/Assistant Community Service Supervisor, Service Technician(s), Make-Ready Technician(s), Groundskeeper(s), Painter(s), and Housekeeper(s)
Wage Status: Exempt (ineligible for overtime)
- Demonstrate ability to understand financial goals, operate asset in owners’ best interest in accordance with Policies & Procedures Manual.
- Maintain accurate records of all community transactions and submit on timely basis (i.e., rent rolls, delinquency reports, move-in/move-outs, etc.).
- Prepare annual budgets and income projections in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that all rents and late fees/check charges are collected, posted and deposited in a timely manner.
- Generate necessary legal action, documents and process in accordance with State and Company guidelines.
- Provide constant vendor/contractor communications concerning scheduling, billing, vendor relations and certificates of insurance.
- Ensure that A/P invoices are submitted to the corporate office for payment, handle petty cash and all funds.
- Ensure property is rented to fullest capacity.
- Utilize marketing strategies to secure prospective residents.
- Confirm that leasing staff techniques are effective in obtaining closing.
- Confirm that leasing staff gather information about market competition in the area and file.
- Continually monitor and analyze traffic logs, conversion ratios, budget guidelines, renewal information, marketing data, etc., to be able to give up-to-date and proper information when requested by others.
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all the times.
- Prepare and/or implement procedures and systems within company guidelines to ensure orderly, efficient workflow.
- Confirm all leases and corresponding paperwork are completed and input to OneSite accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ensure current resident files are properly maintained.
- Ensure all administrative paperwork is accurate, complete and submitted on a timely basis.
- Lead emergency team for community. Ensure proper response and handling of all community emergencies with staff, residents, buildings, etc. within company guidelines to minimize liabilities (i.e., criminal activity on community, employee/resident injuries, fires, floods, freezes, etc.).
- Deal with resident concerns and requests on timely basis to ensure resident satisfaction with management.
- Develop and/or implement resident retention programs (i.e., resident functions, special promotions, monthly newsletters, etc.).
- Ensure distribution of all company or community-issued notices (i.e., bad weather, emergency, etc.).
- Consistently implement policies of the community.
- Consistently use successful techniques and company directives to screen, hire, orient and train new personnel.
- Ensure efficiency of staff through ongoing training, instruction, counseling and leadership.
- Plan weekly/daily office staff schedules and assignments.
- Coordinate maintenance schedule and assignments with Maintenance Supervisor.
- Administer action plans consistently, and on a timely basis with performance problems. Document appropriately, communicate situation supervisor, Human Resources Director, and terminate properly when necessary.
- Provide support to staff to encourage team work and lead as an example in creating a harmonious environment.
- Ensure all administrative processes involving personnel are handled on a timely basis (i.e., performance evaluations, salary reviews, time sheets, change of status forms, etc.).
- Maintain community appearance and ensure repairs are noted and completed on timely basis. This requires regular community inspections and tours.
- Assure quality and quantity of market ready apartments.
- Ensure that models and market ready apartments are walked daily and communicate any service related needs to maintenance.
- Ensure that all service requests are recorded and communicated appropriately to maintenance.
- Learn and ensure compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules.
- Ensure that unsafe conditions are corrected in a timely manner.
- Direct staff to follow a “safety first” principle.
Essential Job Functions:
- College degree preferred.
- Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) or Accredited Resident Manager (ARM) preferred.
- Position requires a minimum of 2 years on-site as a Leasing Consultant and/or Assistant Community Manager; will consider 3 years supervisory experience in a customer service related business with appropriate certification(s).
- Demonstrate ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect pertinent data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and initiate appropriate course of action.
- Effectively convey ideas, images and goals to a diverse group of personalities.
- Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to smile under all circumstances.
- Achieve Fair Housing certification prior to interaction with prospects or residents.
- Competence in personal computer skills, keyboard, internet search, math, Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and Outlook as well as community software applications.
- Knowledge of OSHA laws and regulations.
- Participate in training in order to comply with new or existing laws.
- Be able to work evenings and weekends.
- Present self in a neat, clean and professional manner at all times throughout the workday and/or whenever present at the community.
- Comply with expectations as demonstrated in the Employee Handbook.
Successfully pass a drug test