The Assistant Property Manager reports to the Property Manager and supports the operations and financial performance of an assigned apartment community (440+ units) for MAA. Primary responsibilities include lecting rent and ancillary fees from residents, including lections of delinquent accounts; posting income and deposits; inspecting property landscape and apartment units; customer service with current and prospective residents; leasing apartments; office management and support.
The successful candidate will embody and work to reinforce MAA's Core Values throughout all aspects of MAA. Those values include:
• Appreciating the uniqueness of each individual
• Communicating openly and with integrity
• Embracing opportunities
• Doing the right thing at the right time for the right reasons
Duties and Responsibilities
• Supports, coordinates and facilitates leasing, resident retention, concessions and customer service activities. Maintains resident files. May provide ection and guidance to office team. Provides leadership and guidance in the absence of the property manager.
• lects rent from residents and posts into the Yardi system. May complete Statements of Deposit Activity (SODAs) for vacated apartment units in the Yardi system. Processes all applicable deposits, rents, and other fees and ancillary revenues lected.
• Contacts delinquent residents and communicates late notices and eviction notices. Adheres to company policies and procedures if rent is not received within a specified period of time.
• Distributes renewal notices to current residents. Communicates and reinforces the resident value proposition to overcome resistance and secure renewal agreements.
• Performs leasing of units, including generating traffic and responding to telephone and Internet inquiries. Interacts with prospective residents by providing tours, qualifying prospects, and closing sales by obtaining rental applications and deposits.
• Assists with the resolution of resident issues and complaints. May coordinate and attend social and other community events for residents.
• Ensures adherence to MAA policies and safety rules; complies with MAA policies for reporting incidents.
• Supports Open Arms and other initiatives that demonstrate and enhance Mid-America's corporate culture.
• May inspect recently vacated units to assess needed repairs and replacement. Monitors the property landscape and other attributes to entify and report potential safety hazards and concerns and to ensure quality property aesthetics. Operates a motor vehicle.
• Performs other related duties as assigned to meet the needs of the business.
• High school diploma/GED and 1-3 years of experience in customer service, sales and/or leasing required
• Bookkeeping skills and/or experience required
• Valid driver's license from the state of residence
• Bachelor's degree preferred
• Certified Apartment Manager (CAM) and/or NALP credential strongly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Knowledge of general bookkeeping and accounting practices
• Knowledge of property management business procedures
• Customer service skills and conflict resolutions skills to overcome objections and resolve issues
• Organizational skills to maintain records and schedules
• Knowledge of apartment management laws and regulations at the federal, state, and local levels
• Sales knowledge, skills and abilities to sell products and services to new and existing customers
• Ability to visually inspect units, grounds, and other aspects of the property to determine adherence to standards
• Skill and ability to clearly and concisely communicate verbally and in writing
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint). Ability to learn and operate Yardi.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and maintain appropriate discretion
Physical and Environmental Requirements
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
• This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 30 pounds.
• This job operates in a professional office environment with occasional exposure to outside weather conditions. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Visit www.maac.com to apply online.
Drug Free Workplace