Come Join a Winning Team Where Your Voice is Valued!
The Assistant Property Manager assists the Property Manager in the general administration of the property by recording resident information and transactions, preparing reports as directed by the Property Manager, assisting Property Manager in the performance of the essential duties as detailed in the Property Manager position description.
1. Prepares and maintains complete resident file system assuring all necessary forms, records, leases, agreements, etc., are contained in the file and are kept current taking necessary steps to maintain current status of each file;
2. Prepares and maintains all property general office files assuring files are current and complete;
3. Type letters, leases, letters to residents, notices to residents, verification letters, etc., assuring all information is accurate and completely documented.
4. Assists in preparing information for typing and distributes property newsletters;
5. Receives phone inquiries directing the call to the proper party or recording messages correctly;
6. Receives phone calls from prospective residents obtaining necessary information from caller, quotes availability of specific apartments and prices, and encourages the prospective resident to schedule a visit to the property.
7. Meets with prospective residents, answers prospects questions, conducts property and apartment tours with prospects to include upstairs and downstairs levels, obtains necessary initial information from prospect, and reviews lease requirements summary with prospect taking professional measures to solicit prospect to complete an application form;
8. Processes credit reports, rental application verification, and other selection documents as directed by the Property Manager;
9. Maintains a chart of vacancies and Notices of Intent to Vacate assuring all information is current;
10. Prepares all “move-in packages” to include signed lease, community policies, drug addendum form, move-in and move-out forms, advertisements, parking permits, other required addenda, etc.;
11. Assist Property Manager in collection and posting of rent and security deposits to proper account;
12. Prepares and submits all required reports to include Weekly Summary Report for Status Information, Apartment Status Summary, Delinquents, etc.;
13. Prepares documentation for and enter information into computer for deposits, new residents, vacated residents, lease renewals, etc. and run reports timely and accurately“backing-up” to assure information is retained;
14. Completes invoices from purchases and files in proper file;
15. Reviews for accuracy and completeness all forms, letters, notices, etc., and files in proper resident file;
16. Performs other duties as necessary or as assigned by the Property Manager.Marginal
1. Transports deposits to the respective bank;
2. Resolves lock-outs and disturbances in the absence of the Courtesy Officer;
3. Orders and receives supplies as needed and will travel to vendor to receive supplies as necessary;
4. Polices grounds on a regular basis;
Qualifications and Skills
Education: High school education with emphasis in office related skills is necessary. Further education/training in advanced office skills is preferred. Must be able to read and comprehend written instruction/directions and must also be able to understand and comprehend verbal instructions.
Experience: A minimum of two years of related experience is preferred. Must possess the ability to operate a computer, copier, facsimile, postage meter and other office equipment. Previous experience in receiving, transferring, and documenting telephone calls is preferred. Must be compatible with a very wide range of people in person or by phone and must display a high degree of tact, diplomacy and persuasive skills.
Physical: General apartment unit/property environment inside and outside. Some exposure to changes in temperature and to disagreeable elements (dust, dirt, etc.). Normal vision and color perception. Ability to hear normal tones. Operates computer, calculator, typewriter, telephone system and other office equipment. Drives personal vehicle for company business transactions (Post Office, Bank, etc.). Regular variations from sitting,
Competitive bonus structure, medical, dental, and vision package, and 401k options.
Job Type: Full-time